Prof. Vygandas Rutkūnas, DDS, PhD, Dip Prosth
Date of birth: 1977 02 09
- 1995-2000 undergraduate studies in the Faculty of Dentistry, Kaunas Medical University, Lithuania;
- 2002-2004 PhD studies in Department of Masticatory Function Rehabilitation, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan.
- 2004 m. Recipient of “A.R. Frechette 2004 New Investigator Award” prize in IADR meeting, Honolulu (USA).
- 2004 Diploma of the specialization in Prosthodontics, Vilnius University;
- From 2004 prosthodontist, Center of Prosthodontics, Institute of Odontology, Vilnius University;
- 2006 PhD degree, Institute of Odontology, Vilnius University/ Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- From 2006 Head of Division of Prosthodontics, Institute of Odontology, Vilnius University;
- 2009 founder of Study Club of Prosthodontists in Lithuania.
- From 2016 president of Lithuanian Society of Prosthodontics.
- From 2018 Council member of European Prosthodontic Association
- From 2019 EPA recognized specialist in Prosthodontics.
- From 2019 Professor in Institute of Odontology, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University, Lithuania.
Member of editorial board – European Journal of Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry. Reviewer for the peer-reviewed international journals, including CIDRR, JOR, JP, JAP, BMC Oral Health, JEPRD and others.
Author of 50 publications, co-author of 7 textbooks, more than 50 presentations in national and international conferences. Visiting lectures at Oulu University, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Giessen University, Boston University, UPENN, USC, Malmo University etc.
Topics of research projects: accuracy of digital workflow in implantology and prosthodontics, fully guided static and dynamic surgery, 3D printed bone scaffold for bone regeneration.